A VPN is very similar to a proxy. Your computer is configured to connect to an alternate server, and your web traffic is routed through this server. However, if the proxy server can only redirect web requests, then the VPN connection is able to conduct routing and ensure complete anonymity of all your network traffic.
But there is another significant advantage of VPN-full encryption of traffic. This means that hackers can’t intercept data between your computer and the VPN server, so your confidential personal information can’t be compromised. Thus, the TrueVPN protects your anonymity on the Internet.
VPN is the safest option
By encrypting and routing all your Internet traffic, a VPN has a clear advantage over a proxy server, offering additional features as well.
Users usually subscribe to VPN providers, thinking that the service they are paying for will protect their online privacy. But the realization that information can be leaked through a VPN can be scary and disturbing, so it is extremely important to take a serious approach to choosing a free VPN. There are three types of VPN leaks that can occur, so being able to detect them will help users be prepared to fix any leaks they might find:
- IP leak — the leak occurs when a VPN service saves on updating the technologies used to provide services
- DNS leak — the leak occurs when your Internet service provider records a DNS request that the computer automatically sends to it
- WebRTC leak — Web Real-Time Communications (WebRTC), allows you to instantly send video, voice, and messages to the browser, which is quite insecure, since your provider can also get this information.
- In order to protect yourself from this, use premium paid VPN unlimited services that redirect the funds received for your subscription to maintain high-quality services, such as TrueVPN;
- To avoid DNS leaks, make sure that the DNS request does not come personally from your DNS server, but from your VPN provider;
- To avoid WebRTC leaks, disable this feature in your browser using special applications. Using a VPN service will also help you solve this problem automatically.
Choosing a VPN provider really affects your anonymity on the Internet. Using a free VPN leads to possible leaks not only of your online traffic, but also of your location and your identity. Choose only trusted VPN services that care about your privacy.
Use the private internet access that TrueVPN is ready to provide you with. We not only completely anonymize your network traffic, but also help you bypass geographical filters (we do not collect location data of individuals). Our VPN servers also help protect your computer from malicious activity by blocking potentially dangerous sites.
Routing your web traffic through an advanced VPN helps you avoid malware infections, phishing scams and fake websites. And because TrueVPN’s servers are constantly updated, you are protected around the clock from sophisticated cybercrime attacks.
TrueVPN gives its customers the ability to remain anonymous even when paying for our services — pay for a VPN via Z-Pay, we accept Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Stay anonymous with TrueVPN! Visit our website to get rid of network surveillance now — https://truevpn.io